Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has claimed that fans of a former club Liverpool "don't know the truth" behind of his move to a Stamford Bridge and the has accused the Reds' owners, Fenway Sports Group, of breaking promises and the torres left Anfield in a £50 million deal in January, move that has made to an unpopular figure amongst supporters that idolised him during his time at Merseyside club.
The Spain international claims there was more to the transfer than meets the eye, saying Reds fans "don't know" what their club's owners are like, "The Liverpool fans don’t know the truth about why I signed for Chelsea," he told Spanish television station Canal+ Liga.
"The fans don’t even know half of what happened to they don’t know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like they have a completely different perception of what they are like for "They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realised I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.
"I have nothing against the Liverpool fans in i didn’t want to leave Liverpool the way I did but the club lied to i was let down and I don’t understand why the fans hate me." in torres has struggled since joining Chelsea, scoring only three goals in 25 Premier League appearances for the club so far, feels that he deserves more respect from his critics for his past achievements and they are, "I am going to try to be very humble and get back into the Chelsea starting line-up," he said.
